Central Registration office information

  • Central Registration is located at:
    Maple Hill Annex at Truman Moon
    53 Bedford Ave.
    Middletown, NY   10940
    2022-23 school year - Registration process has begun for incoming kindergarten students.
    Who is eligible for 2022-23 kindergarten?
    Children must be five years old on or before December 1, 2022, to register for kindergarten in the 2022-23 school year.
    2022-23 school year - Registration process for Universal Pre-Kindergarten
    Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) registration for the 2022-23 school year has begun. Call Central Registration at (845) 326-1300 between 8 a.m.-4 p.m. to make an appointment. Please follow the current NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) for guidance on mask wearing.
    Who is eligible for universal pre-kindergarten (UPK)?
    Children must be four years old on or before December 1, 2022, to register for UPK for the 2022-23 school year.

    How do I prepare for the in-person registration appointment? Copies of the documents listed below will be required to be brought to the in-person appointment to complete the registration process.


    Parent/Guardian/Person in Parental Relation – Photo ID


    Proof of Scholar’s Age - A copy of the Scholar’s original birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth; or a passport (including a foreign passport); or other documentary or recorded evidence of age in existence for two years or more (except an affidavit of age), including but not limited to:
    Official driver’s license
    State or other government issued identification
    School photo identification with date of birth
    Hospital or health records
    Documents issued by Federal or State or local agencies (e.g. social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
    Court orders or other court-issued documents


    Proof of Custody (if needed) must be provided (if both parents are not the scholar’s natural parents), for example: judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or a written statement by the parent or a written statement by the person in parental relation to the scholar, or other proof of guardianship or custody, including but not limited to documentation indicating the scholar resides with a sponsor with whom the scholar was placed by a Federal agency.


    Name and Address of Scholar’s Prior School (if in NYS), so we may request records from the prior school. We will need the transcript, report card and any marking period grades from the scholar's prior school as well.


    Proof of Address/Physical Presence within the school district, including but not limited to the following: 
    Residential lease
    Deed, mortgage statement or other proof of home ownership
    A written statement of a landlord, owner, rental agent or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district
    Written statement by another person relating to the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district; or
    Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the district, including but not limited to:
    Pay stub
    Income tax form
    Utility or other bills
    Membership documents based on residency (for example, library cards)
    Voter registration documents
    Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
    State or other government issued identification
    Documents issued by Federal, State or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
    Evidence of custody of the scholar as set forth below.


    Immunization Records –revised Sept 2019 - new immunization requirements Public Health Law section 66-1.3 Requirements for school admission.  A scholar will not be admitted without the required immunization documentation in accordance with NYS vaccination requirements.
    A certificate of immunization from a health care practitioner, or, from NYSIIS, or, the CIR documenting that the scholar has been fully immunized according to the requirements of section 66-1.1, or,
    Documentation that the scholar is in the process of receiving immunizations as defined in 66-1.1, or,
    A signed, completed medical exemption form approved by NYSDOH or NYS Department of Education from a physician licensed to practice medicine in NYS certifying that immunization may be detrimental to the scholar’s health, containing sufficient information to identify a medical contraindication to a specific immunization and specifying the length of time the immunization is medically contraindicated.  The medical exemption must be reissued annually.  The District may require additional information supporting the exemption.