• Welcome to the Central Registration Department

    53 Bedford Ave
    Middletown, NY 10940
    8 a.m.-4 p.m.
    (Please call for an appointment)

    Phone: 845-326-1300  |  Fax: 845-326-1321  | Email: Registration@ecsdm.org

  • Print the registration forms 

    English     |    Español

    2024-25 Kindergarten and Universal Pre-Kindergarten Registration  

    Information on Kindergarten Registration and preparing for kindergarten

    See Assistant Superintendent Adoma's Kindergarten readiness presentation from the February 15 Board of Education meeting.

    Registration and screening for 2024-25 Kindergarten:
    Children must be five years old on or before December 1, 2024.  Appointments will be scheduled on selected dates between March 4th - April 3rd.  For primary language other than English, registration and screening will be June 5-14th. 
    Please call Central Registration to make an appointment at 845-326-1300.  
    Registration for 2024-25 Universal Pre-Kindergarten:
    Children must be four years old on or before December 1, 2024. Appointments will be scheduled between April 15th-26th. Please call Central Registration to make an appointment at 845-326-1300.  

    March 12: UPK information night, 6 p.m.-7 p.m., Middletown High School Media Center



  • In-Person Registration documents requirement 

    Copies of the documents listed below will be required to be brought to the in-person appointment to complete the registration process.

    1. Parent/Guardian/Person in Parental Relation: Photo ID

    2. Proof of Scholar's Age:  A copy of the scholar's original birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth; 
    or a passport (including a foreign passport); 
    or other documentary of recorded evidence of age in existence for two years or more (except an affidavit of age), including but not limited to:
      *Official driver's license
      *State or other government issued identification
      *School photo identification with date of birth
      *Hospital or health records
      *Documents issued by Federal, State, or local agencies (e.g. social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
      *Court orders or other court-issued documents

    3. Proof of Custody (if needed) must be provided (if both parents are not the scholar's natural parents), for example: judicial custody orders of guardianship papers, 
    or a written statement by the parent or a written statement by the person in parental relation to the scholar, 
    or other proof of guardianship or custody, including but not limited to documenation indicating the scholar resided with a sponsor with whom the scholar was placed by a Federal agency.

    4. Name and Address of Scholar’s Prior School (if in NYS), so we may request records from the prior school. We will need the transcript, report card and any marking period grades from the scholar's prior school as well.

    5. Proof of Address/Physical Presence within the school district, including but not limited to the following: residential lease, Deed, mortgage statement or other proof of home ownership.
    A written statement of a landlord, owner, rental agent or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relations leases or with whom they share property within the district
    Written statement by another person relating to the parent(s)’ 
    or person(s) in a parental relationship’s physical presence in the district; 
    or Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing a physical presence in the district, including but not limited to:
     *Pay stub
     *Income tax form
     *Utility or other bills
     *Membership documents based on residency (for example, library cards)
     *Voter registration documents
     *Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
     *State or other government issued identification
     *Documents issued by Federal, State or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); 
     *or Evidence of custody of the scholar as set forth below.

    6. Immunization Records –revised Sept 2019 - new immunization requirements Public Health Law section 66-1.3 Requirements for school admission.  A scholar will not be admitted without the required immunization documentation in accordance with NYS vaccination requirements.
    A certificate of immunization from a health care practitioner, or, from NYSIIS, or, the CIR documenting that the scholar has been fully immunized according to the requirements of section 66-1.1, or,Documentation that the scholar is in the process of receiving immunizations as defined in 66-1.1, or,A signed, completed medical exemption form approved by NYSDOH or NYS Department of Education from a physician licensed to practice medicine in NYS certifying that immunization may be detrimental to the scholar’s health, containing sufficient information to identify a medical contraindication to a specific immunization and specifying the length of time the immunization is medically contraindicated. The medical exemption must be reissued annually.  The District may require additional information supporting the exemption.