The Middletown school district strives to provide fiscally sound educational opportunities in a safe environment that continuously supports our diverse student population. Our mission is to enable all students to graduate, to reach their full potential, to become life-long learners, and to be competitive, productive members of society.
Welcome to the Enlarged City School District of Middletown
The Enlarged City School District of Middletown is located in Orange County, about 65 miles northwest of New York City. Middletown is part of the Hudson Valley region, near the Wallkill River, and the district covers all of the City of Middletown, as well as portions of the towns of Wallkill, Wawayanda, and Goshen.
It’s those extra opportunities that the Enlarged City School District of Middletown offers its scholars that sets this school district apart from the rest. From its competitive academic programs and state-of-the-art facilities to its multitude of fine arts and athletic opportunities for scholars, Middletown has it all.
With a rich history dating back more than 200 years, the district’s long-standing mission, to prepare scholars for life, is being accomplished by providing scholars with educational opportunities that continuously support its diverse student population. Its talented staff of more than 1,000 administrators, teachers and support staff members are working together to make sure that all Middletown schlolars achieve educational excellence.
Middletown is nationally recognized as:
- Kiplinger Magazine's eighth-best city to raise kids
- Providing more than 120 tuition-free college credit opportunities
- A "Best Community for Music Education” for the last eight years
- Runner-up in the Odyssey of the Mind World Championships
- The No. 5 district worth visiting in the GettingSmart.com ranking
- A leader in personalized learning instruction by Education Elements
- A long-standing member of the League of Innovative School Districts