Signing up for SchoolMessenger portal is easy.
School Messenger uses the email address provided to the district for authentication. If you are a district employee, please use your district email for authentication. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
- After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
- Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address.
- If you do not see all of your contacts click “Is someone still missing”.
- On the next screen enter a phone number that your district has on file and select a verification method.
When you first sign in to the SchoolMessenger App you will receive the following prompt for any phones you have in the system.
It's that easy! You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, and/or parent
- Review the last 30 day’s worth of messages for all your associated
- View your contact information
To configure how you would like to receive notifications click the Preferences link in the dropdown menu at the upper right of your screen (if you do not see the Preferences link please log out and log back in again).
Signing up for SchoolMessenger App.
What is the SchoolMessenger App? The SchoolMessenger app allows parents to view messages sent to them on their smartphone (available on the Google Play store for Android, or the App store for iOS). You will be able to view emails, texts, and can listen to voice messages that were sent to the phone number associated with the account. Additionally, you can view the contact information associated with the account.
Important Note: **When downloading the app, please keep in mind there is also a SchoolMessenger “Admin” app. This is the wrong app. The correct one is simply called “SchoolMessenger”.**
If signing up through the website:
· Click SIGN UP at the top right corner of the screen.
· Enter the parent or guardian’s email address associated with the student. This email address must be on file with the district!
· Create and enter a new password for the account.
· You will be sent an email shortly after, and will need to click the link in the email to verify your account.
Note: This link is only active for 24 hours. If you don’t click on it, and log into the SchoolMessenger app within this time, you will have to repeat the sign up process! Once verified, your account will be successfully set up.
· You should now be able to log into the SchoolMessenger app, and view any recent messages.
If signing up through the app: The instructions are similar to what’s listed above. After opening the app, you will be prompted to enter your email address and to create a password. You can then click “Sign Up” at the bottom of the screen, and will be sent a verification email. Simply click the link in the email, log in to the app within 24 hours, and your account setup will be complete. You can then log in to the app and view any recent messages.
SMS/Text Message Opt-in
Note: The school district does not pay for text message charges that may be incurred by the user. Check with the your wireless carrier for possible charges.
The district will send a message via text which would look like this:
“ECSDM message alert. Reply Y to confirm, HELP for info. MSG&data rates may apply. schoolmessenger.com/txt” or send opt-in to short code 67587.
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
To learn more about the app and its capabilities, watch the video for parents.