Registering a New Student

  • Below is an HTML version of the document Registering a New Student for the printable version click on the link below.

    Printable version of the New Student Registration Letter

    Registering a New Scholar

    All new scholars are registered through the Central Registration Office located at 53 Bedford Ave, at the
    Maple Hill Elementary School Annex at Truman Moon. Please call (845) 326-1300 to make an
    appointment to register your scholar.

    If proof of residency/address is not available during the registration process, then you will need to
    provide proof within 4 business days. Without proof, your scholar could be at risk of being excluded
    from attending school within our district. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

    To register a student, you will need to bring the following with you to the Registration Office:

    *    Parent/Guardian/Person in Parental Relation – Photo ID Required!

    *    Proof of Child’s Age -- Child's original birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth; or a passport (including a foreign passport); or other documentary or recorded evidence of age in existence for two years or more (except an affidavit of age), including but not limited to:

      • Official driver’s license;
      • State or other government issued identification;
      • School photo identification with date of birth;
      • Consulate identification card;
      • Hospital or health records;
      • Military dependent identification card;
      • Documents issued by Federal or State or local agencies (e.g. social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
      • Court orders or other court-issued documents;
      • Native American tribal document, or
      • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.

    *    Immunization Records (Must be provided within 14 days after enrollment or within 30 days after enrollment if transferring from out-of-state or from another country).

    *    Proof of Address/Physical Presence within the school district, including but not limited to the following:

      • Residential lease;
      • Deed, mortgage statement or other proof of home ownership;
      • A written statement of a landlord, owner, rental agent or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district;
      • Written statement by another person relating to the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district; or
      • Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the district, including but not limited to:
        • Pay stub;
        • Income tax form;
        • Utility or other bills;
        • Membership documents based on residency (for example, library cards);
        • Voter registration documents;
        • Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification;
        • State or other government issued identification.
        • Documents issued by Federal, State or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
        • Evidence of custody of the child as set forth below.

    *    Name and address of child’s prior school (if in NYS), so that we may request records from the prior school. We will need the transcript, report card and any marking period grades from the child's prior school as well.

    *    Proof of Custody must be provided (if both parents are not the child's natural parents), for example: judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or a written statement by the parent or a written statement by the person in parental relation to the child, or other proof of guardianship or custody, including but not limited to documentation indicating that the child resides with a sponsor with whom the child was placed by a Federal agency.