Technology enhances education
Middletown's use of technology is what distinguishes the district nationally, and led to membership into the elite group of the "League of Innovative Schools." We provide engaging, media-rich facilities and data to achieve student growth, while preparing every student to become college and career ready. The district used data analytics and developed a four-year, $12 million technology initiative - which places Middletown among the top five percent in the nation.
Click on this link to read the 2015-2018 technology plan, or contact the technology office at (845) 326-1190.
The district technology program engages administrators, teachers and students in critical thinking, communication and collaboration to help improve student academic achievement. The use of emerging technologies for all students enables them to be successful in a technological society. Academy of Information Technology courses offer a broad range of computer and technological concepts.
- 9,500 Google Chromebooks
- A parent notification system.
- Wireless computer access in every classroom.
- Interactive video boards
- 830 IP video surveillance cameras
- High-definition video conferencing
- Safari Montage
- Cloud-based applications
- Google Apps for Education for K-12 students
- Blended learning environments for K-8
- Flipped classrooms for 7-12
- Cisco Academy
- Chromebooks for 7-12
- Email accounts for all students
- SAS programming