Rules & Regulations
- In accordance with New York State, student safety to and from the bus stop, as well as at the bus stop itself, is the responsibility of the student and his or her parents. It is not the district's responsibility.
- The bus driver has the authority to enforce all rules and regulations on the bus.
- School buses will arrive at the same time each school day. Students should be ready when the bus arrives and wait a safe distance from where the bus stops. If you must cross a street before entering the school bus, wait for the bus driver's signal before crossing.
- Enter the bus in a single file and hold on to the rail.
- Students will not board or leave the bus while it's moving.
- There will be no unusual loudness, such as loud talking or laughing, which could interfere with the effectiveness of the bus driver.
- Shoving, pushing and the use of profane language are not permitted.
- Students will keep heads, arms and hands inside the bus at all times.
- There will be no smoking or eating on the bus.
- Students will help to keep the bus clean.
- Students will treat the bus equipment with care.
- Students will pass through the aisle to and from the seat without disturbing or crowding other pupils.
- Students will remain seated and face forward while the bus is in motion.
- Students will obey the school bus driver's instruction promptly and safely.
- Students wishing to transfer from one bus to another, or to get from one bus to another, or to get off at a place other than their regular stop, must have written permission from their parent/guardian.
- If you drop something in front of or next to the bus, tell the bus driver before going to pick it up.
- Upon leaving the bus, students should cross the street or road at least 10 feet from the front of the bus, in view of the bus driver, and wait for the bus driver's signal that it is safe to cross. The bus driver will keep traffic halted and students should cross promptly.