Committed to providing a quality education
The Enlarged City School District of Middletown is committed to providing its students with a quality education. To ensure this, a Standards-based Learning (SBL) curriculum is followed and academic programs in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 are aligned with New York State standards.
Under the guidance of Richard Del Moro, Assistant Superintendent for Instruction, and Dr. Linda Hatfield, literacy coordinator, students have the opportunity to experience a variety of academic avenues.
Some facts about our program:
- Middletown follows a Standards-based Learning curriculum (SBL). Learn more.
- The districts offers an extended school day across the district.
- The districts offers full-day kindergarten and pre-kindergarten programs.
- Middletown offers a fifth core subject in literacy that all students in grades 6-8 must take. The requirement doubles the time students spend on learning reading, writing, listening, and comprehension skills.
- Students have the ability to take up to 33 college course credits during their high school experience—that’s a full year of college credit.
- Middletown has one of the region's strongest and most competitive Arts in Education (AIE) programs. Learn more.