In accordance with a New York State mandate to educate communities about water pollution, Buildings & Grounds developed this page to inform and educate Middletown City School District residents about water pollution.
Top 10 ways to protect and conserve groundwater
(Courtesy of the Groundwater Foundation)
- Dispose of chemicals properly
- Take used motor oil to a recycling center
- Limit amounts of fertilizer used
- Take short showers
- Shut water off while brushing teeth
- Run full loads of dishes and laundry
- Check for leaky faucets and have them fixed
- Water outside only when necessary
- Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator
- Teach others about groundwater
Storm Water Management Plan: The Enlarged City School District of Middletown maintains a mandated Storm Water Management Plan for all district facilities. The plan is available for public inspection during regular business hours.
Read about two new permits: the SPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activity Permit No. GP-02-01 and the SPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) Permit No. GP-02-02.
The Public may address questions or comments regarding the Storm Water Management Plan to:
Enlarged City School District of Middletown
Attn: Buildings and Grounds Department
223 Wisner Avenue
Middletown, NY 10940