If you are interested in running for the school board, the deadline to hand in petitions is 5 p.m. on April 26. Calll District Clerk Taryn Clark with questions at (845) 326-1196. To find out where you vote, call Mrs. Clark at that number.
Today-April 28: Kindergarten screening at Presidential Park for students who anticipate attending Presidential Park. Enter through the top entrance. Call 326-1300 with questions.
May 2-4: NYS mathematics exams (Grades 3-8).
May 2: Voter registration day, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Board of Education office, 223 Wisner Ave., Middletown, NY. Here is the official notice, scheduled to appear in the Times Herald-Record newspaper on April 26.
May 5-17: Kindergarten screening at William A. Carter for students who anticipate attending William A. Carter. Call 326-1300 with questions.
May 16: Budget vote and school board election.
May 19-June 1: Kindergarten screening at Maple Hill for students who anticipate attending Maple Hill. Call 326-1300 with questions.
Read "The Results of Middletown, New York's Two-Year Kindergarten Program: A Regression Discontinuity Analysis."
Middletown remains one of the 30 schools you should visit nationally, and improved two places to No. 5!
Read the latest issue of "School Scene," the official newspaper of the Middletown school district.
Four big equity issues in this year's New York state 2017-18 Executive budget
NYS 2nd most inequitable education funding State in the United States
Middletown is the 11th-most underfunded district in New York, when it comes to foundation aid. We are owed more than $50 million. Read the report. State-wide numbers begin on page 11. Middletown's are on page 23.
The Middletown school district welcomes you to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal
The Infinite Campus Parent Portal provides parent access to information for all enrolled students in their household. Information may include grades, attendance assignments, lunch account balances and school announcements.
Below are some guidelines established Middletown school district Parent Portal:
- Parents must comply with the District’s end user agreement as well as security requirements to assure the confidentiality and accuracy of the information provided in the portal.
- Qualifications must be met by usernames and passwords, such as character length and password strength.
- Each parent and/or guardian of each household should have their own individual account rather than one household account
- The accuracy of the information in the portal is a shared responsibility of the district, parent/guardians and students.
- Timeframes with regard to attendance and grade information will be made available.
- The district agrees to provide free and the most accurate student information.
- The district maintains the right to add, modify and delete information and portal functions.
- The portal is subject to electronic monitoring by the district, as well as other specific rights the district.
- The district can deny or cancel parents’ access with suitable cause.
- The portal remains the property of the District.